Here are a few quick facts to give you a feel for our town and area:
- Penrith has a community of about 15,000 people.
- We’re the largest town in Eden District, which is the least densely populated local-authority area in England, home to around 53,000 people and growing.
- Our district has a higher proportion of older people than the national average, although similar to the rest of Cumbria.
- Penrith is the most ethnically diverse town in Eden, although ethnic minorities make up a very small overall percentage of our population and our largest ethnic group is Chinese.
- We’re entrepreneurial, with higher-than-average rates of self-employment and low levels of unemployment, although our salary levels are slightly lower than average.
Source Eden District Council and Cumbria Intelligence Observatory